Solar Energy is the most affordable and accessible among Renewable energy sources. Most of the people can afford solar systems which fulfill their electricity requirements of the year and thus help them cut electricity costs and save money. Consumers opting solar energy to power their premises are not only getting benefits for themselves, they are also contributing to common welfare of the nation. If people are going for solar energy, it will take burden off the grid and help supply electricity to those who cannot afford solar panels. On a bigger picture, the whole world is getting benefits from solar panel installations in thee way that it decreases pollution, carbon footprints and helps make environment cleaner.
When you have decided to go solar, you obviously will have a lot of questions in your mind, especially if you are an industrialist. We have gathered some top FAQs and will try to answer them all in this blog.
Q.1. Why Should I Spend Time or Money on Solar?
There are three main reasons for which business owners get solar power systems which our research and experience in the field have told us. These reasons are:
- Financial advantages
- Positive Impact on the Environment
- Brand Elevation
These reasons are very broad and have many other benefits hidden in them. The main reasons which brands have are monetary advantages and environmental conservation. If your interests coincide with any one or all the reasons mentioned above, you should seriously think about deploying solar panels. If you need further assistance please click here.
Q.2. How Can Solar Directly Improve My Business?
Going solar can improve your business directly and indirectly in a number of ways. The most direct advantages that you can have by using the Sun’s power to run your industry are:
- You can save a lot of money that you used to spend on electricity bills without having to reduce your usage
- You can invest the saved money in various other projects and operations which will benefit your business directly
- Many researches show that consumers prefer brands that are forward-thinking and specially those which are working for the environment. This will give you a direct advantage over your competitors who are not doing the same.
Q.3. If Solar Is So Good Then Why Don’t All The Businesses Use It?
Solar Energy is currently the best available option to produce pollution-free, clean electricity which does not harm environment in any way and also allows you to save a lot of money. Many big companies have already started using solar energy to generate electricity to run their factories and gradually many regular and small businesses are moving towards solar energy. If there are any companies who have not yet solarized their industry must have the following reasons;
- They don’t know about the complete benefits of having a solar power system,
- They think that it is very difficult to purchase a solar panel system and they can’t afford it unless they save some money to pay for the initial costs. They surely do not know about Solar Leasing and SBP’s Solar financing program.
This lack of information is called buyer’s inertia and you can get rid off it by talking to a certified Solar solutions Provider, Premier Energy.
Q.4. How Much Big A Project Would I Need To Run My Industry?
The size of the project depends directly upon the units of electricity you use and the amount that you want to generate to run your industry and supply the rest to the grid. One of our premier services is Energy Efficiency Conservation and Audit Program (EECAP) under which our Energy Audit team visits your industry, and after completing a few checks and processes, give you a full-fledge information regarding the system you will need, how big the project should be and how much space will be required for it.
Q.5. What Will Happen If There Is A Grid Failure?
It depends upon the type of solution you are using. There are three types of solar solutions which are:
- Grid-tie Solar Solution
- Off-grid Solar Solution
- Hybrid Solar Solution
If you are using a grid-tie solar solution which is only connected to the grid, then in case of grid failures you won’t be able to use electricity and you will have to rely on generators for power supply.
If you have off-grid system, you won’t be able to pass the excess electricity to the grid, however you will be able to use the excess electricity stored in the batteries in case of grid failure.
using the Hybrid system, you can store the excess electricity in batteries to use during blackouts and grid failures and will also be able to net meter the surplus electricity left after storage.
Q.6. Why Should Not I Wait For Better Technology And Decreased Prices Instead Of Installing Solar System Now?
Somethings are better done right away by not waiting for the better. Going solar is one of those things. The following reasons make getting your solar system a way better option than waiting for improvement in technology or the prices to go down:
- Currently, govts are providing many incentives and benefits to those who install solar systems because the trend is slowly increasing and govts want to motivate people to shift to renewable energy. These incentives may not be available when the solar will become more common.
The technology in solar energy has already improved by leaps and bounds by the last decade and currently has reached a slow point from where on the improvements will be slow and the price will not go down as quickly. So, it is definitely the right time to go solar rather than waiting for more.
- The amount you will save by getting solar systems right now is going to be greater than the amount you will save by waiting for the prices to go down.
Q.7. How Much Time It Will Take Me To Recover The Investment?
A typical solar panel system is expected to keep on working with perfect efficiency for about 15 years and is expected to last for about 25 – 30 years. You can get the return on your investment in about 5 – 10 years which means that you can reap the benefits of your solar panel system for at least 10 – 15 years.
Q.8. After How Much Time I Will Be Able To Sell Electricity Via NET-METERING?
As soon as your Net metering license is issued from NEPRA and the net meter is installed, you can start selling electricity to the grid. Premier Energy takes care of the whole process to acquire the license which usually takes 90 days.
Q.9. How Much Does The Maintenance Cost?
The maintenance is usually done free of cost if it comes under the warranty of the product. The cleaning is not necessary as one rain will clean up the panels, however, our technicians and maintenance team is available to provide upkeep and support services.
Q.10. Will The Installation Be Tax Exempt? Are There Any Solar Tax Benefits?
There are no taxes on installing a solar panel system except the sales tax. The sales tax does not apply on the solar panels and the inverters. Apart from that there is no tax on installing solar systems and it is the benefit provided by the government to the people.
Q.11. How Much Electricity Will The System Produce Throughout The Year?
It depends upon the size of the system you have installed, however, there is a formula with which you can calculate the amount of energy your desired system will produce annually.
Size of the system in Watts x hours of sunlight received x 365 = Electricity produced annually
5 KW (5000 Watts) x 4 hours of sunlight x 365 = 7.3 MWh
Still have some unanswered Question?
We tried to answer some FAQs for industrial clients, however they are true for residential and commercial clients as well. We may have not mentioned the question that has been bogging your mind because we didn’t know about it. If you need any sort of information regarding a solar panel system or if we missed the question that’s been on your mind, the best way would be to just let us know by reaching out to us, we would definitely assist you.
- By: admin
- Tags: 2020 solar energy questions, facts about solar energy, hire best solar installers near me, hire solar company in my area, how solar system works?, How to, how to find the best solar company near you, list of solar companies in pakistan, questions to ask a solar company about their prices, solar company, solar company in Pakistan, solar energy future, solar Pakistan, solar solutions Pakistan, solar system company in pakistan, solar system in pakistan, top questions businesses ask about solar energy in 2020, what are the crucial questions to ask solar energy companies?
- 0 comment
Leave a Reply